- RSS Channel Showcase 1830536
- RSS Channel Showcase 1457875
- RSS Channel Showcase 2875274
- RSS Channel Showcase 1831558
Articles on this Page
- 07/18/17--04:31: _How Does Sound Trav...
- 07/18/17--04:32: _Exchanging Naked Pi...
- 07/18/17--04:33: _Powdered Cocaine Al...
- 07/18/17--04:34: _More Flexibility wi...
- 07/18/17--04:36: _Sprinkler System Pr...
- 07/18/17--04:38: _New Laurens Master ...
- 07/18/17--04:39: _Three Attempted Mur...
- 07/19/17--02:13: _Sports Report for W...
- 07/19/17--04:41: _$25,000 Bond on Mon...
- 07/19/17--04:42: _Meth Charge Follows...
- 07/19/17--04:43: _Bond Denied on 3rd ...
- 07/19/17--04:44: _Conspiracy, Theft o...
- 07/19/17--04:44: _Meth Trafficking, F...
- 07/19/17--04:45: _Fleming Street Wate...
- 07/19/17--04:46: _Laurens Council App...
- 07/19/17--04:47: _County Council Insi...
- 07/20/17--02:04: _Sports Report for T...
- 07/20/17--04:49: _Family Court Bench ...
- 07/20/17--04:50: _Fountain Inn Bench ...
- 07/20/17--04:51: _Arrest Alleges Anno...
- 07/18/17--04:31: How Does Sound Travel Thru the Ground?
- 07/18/17--04:32: Exchanging Naked Pictures
- 07/18/17--04:33: Powdered Cocaine Allegedly Discovered
- 07/18/17--04:34: More Flexibility with Sick Leave
- 07/18/17--04:36: Sprinkler System Progress for New Museum
- 07/18/17--04:38: New Laurens Master Plan to CPW, City Council
- 07/18/17--04:39: Three Attempted Murders
- 07/19/17--02:13: Sports Report for Wednesday, 7-19-2017
- 07/19/17--04:41: $25,000 Bond on Monday Meth Charge
- 07/19/17--04:42: Meth Charge Follows Traffic Stop on Moped
- 07/19/17--04:43: Bond Denied on 3rd Offense Meth Charge
- 07/19/17--04:44: Conspiracy, Theft of Over $6,000 from Wal-Mart
- 07/19/17--04:44: Meth Trafficking, Fire Dept. Break-In & More Charges
- 07/19/17--04:45: Fleming Street Water Tank Update
- 07/19/17--04:46: Laurens Council Approves Master Plan
- 07/19/17--04:47: County Council Insists on New Budget
- 07/20/17--02:04: Sports Report for Thursday, 7-20-2017
- 07/20/17--04:49: Family Court Bench Warrant
- 07/20/17--04:50: Fountain Inn Bench Warrant
- 07/20/17--04:51: Arrest Alleges Annoying/Harassing Phone Call
Research is underway this summer to combine interests in physics and music. Sydney Blue, a PC junior with a double major in physics and music, is using her research “Sound Propagation in Granular Materials,” to study how to efficiently send sound through granular materials. The Titusville, Florida student of PC said “Since the Earth’s surface… Read More »
A young man’s exchanging nude photos with a female was alleged with an arrest by the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office yesterday. 18-year-old Noah Samuel Hitt was booked with a Rhode Island address. A warrant showing an address of 268 Daventon Road, Pelzer accuses him of Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor. Deputy Hunnicutt states… Read More »
A Possession with Intent to Distribute Cocaine charge was served yesterday on a man arrested Sunday by Clinton Public Safety. 26-year-old Nikolarus Corey James of 131 Longview Drive, Cross Hill was charged with Possession with Intent to Distribute Cocaine and Possession of a Schedule IV Controlled Substance. Lt. Steven Lawton states that on Sunday, July… Read More »
More flexibility with sick leave was granted employees of the Laurens C.P.W. with a vote of the Commissioners at their July meeting last evening. The Commission approved recommended changes to the Employee Handbook. These changes will now allow employees to use their sick days to cover being home with a sick family member. General Manager… Read More »
A Laurens County Museum Association fund-raising effort to pay for the installation of a sprinkler system for the new museum building is almost complete, and the Laurens Commission of Public Works last night unanimously approved a request to assist with installation of a water tap to complete the system. The tap mostly will involve labor… Read More »
A new Master Plan for Downtown Laurens was presented to the Laurens Commission of Public Works last night by Main Street Director Jonathan Irick. He said the plan is “to ensure that future projects and funding are utilized to the fullest order.” Irick said the idea is to help transform the Downtown area into… Read More »
Two Hickory Tavern residents were arrested Sunday following an alleged shooting in Laurens County. Yesterday, one was served with multiple Attempted Murder warrants. Both were served with a drug charge. The Laurens County Sheriff’s Office yesterday charged 22-year-old Austin Edgar Clayton of 110 Crawford Drive, Gray Court. He was served with three counts of Attempted… Read More »
Local Notes: Clinton 11-12 DY All-Stars… We need to catch up on how the team is doing in the state tournament down in Hartsville Monday (1): Greer 6 – Clinton 5… Clinton was supposed to play a team from Greer on Sunday but bad weather caused that game to be postponed until Monday… When thy… Read More »
The Laurens County Sheriff’s Office yesterday arrested 33-year-old Holly Marie Brabham of 10 Grandview Drive, Simpsonville in connection with a drug possession in Laurens County Monday. She was charged with Possession of Less than One Gram of Meth. A warrant states that on July 17th in Laurens County she was in possession of Methamphetamine, a… Read More »
Drug charges were served on a Greenville man yesterday who had been arrested following a traffic stop on a moped on Laurens’ North Harper Street Monday evening. Laurens Police Officer Van Pelt issued a ticket charging 38-year-old Robert Daniel Simmons of 52 Smythe Avenue, Greenville with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia at 7:35 Monday evening on… Read More »
The Laurens County Sheriff’s Office arrested a Simpsonville man Monday and held him for drug charges. Yesterday, 45-year-old Christopher Rex Howard of 531 Scuffletown Road, Simpsonville was charged with Distribution of Methamphetamine 3rd Offense. A warrant states that Investigator Nations’ work indicates that on July 17th in Laurens County one Christopher Rex Howard possessed more… Read More »
Laurens City Police yesterday charged an out-of-state man on accusations of being part of a conspiracy to steal over $6,000 in merchandise from Wal-Mart. 21-year-old Dexter Dontravius Hosch of 720 King Court, Bethlehem, Georgia was arrested yesterday and charged with Grand Larceny, Criminal Conspiracy and with Failure to Stop for a Blue Light. Detective Kanipe… Read More »
A Clinton area man was charged yesterday with breaking into a Cross Hill fire station and damaging personal property at a nearby residence last month. 35-year-old Bryan Lee Roeker was arrested by the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office Monday and booked as a homeless person. He was charged Monday with Failure to Stop for Blue Light,… Read More »
The post Meth Trafficking, Fire Dept. Break-In & More Charges appeared first on WLBG.
The water tank on Fleming Street in Laurens is to get a new paint job soon. In their July meeting Monday evening, the Laurens Commission of Public Works approved a resolution authorizing the General Manager to accept a bid for repainting the tank. The bid of $273,700 from Scott Enterprises of Maryville, Tennessee was the… Read More »
The new Laurens Master plan has now been approved. The plan for future development of the Downtown area was devised after recent public meetings. We reported yesterday on some of the issues it covered, as reported to the CPW Monday evening. Laurens Main Street Director Jonathan Irick last evening presented the plan to Laurens City… Read More »
Last night Laurens County Council held another budget workshop in the painful process of trying to approve a new budget for the 2017/18 Fiscal Year. The county is currently operating on last year’s budget, pending completion of the new budget. Frustration with the long process this year was voiced last night by Council Chairman Joe… Read More »
Local Notes: Clinton 11-12 DY All-Stars Stay Alive in State Tournament Luke White and Wil Stewart combined for a no hitter to avenge an earlier tournament loss to Greer Tuesday in the Dixie Youth Ozone State Tournament in Hartsville taking an 8-0 win… White went 5 and two thirds innings allowing only 1 base runner… Read More »
Laurens County Family Court yesterday delivered 34-year-old Demorris Cornelius Boyd of 340 Church Street, Laurens to the detention center with a Bench Warrant Citing Contempt of Court. It states he failed to pay and directs he be held until his case is discharged by due course of law.
A Fountain Inn Municipal Court Bench Warrant was served yesterday as 26-year-old Richard Michael “Rick” Gilliam of 305 Boyd Street, Fountain Inn was placed in the Laurens County Detention Center. It states he was convicted this year on May 9th on a charge of Discharging a Firearm into a Dwelling and sentenced to 30 days… Read More »
A phone call to a woman in Laurens County was cited yesterday with a Laurens County Sheriff’s Office arrest. 46-year-old Larry Edward Turner of 745 Green Meadow Drive, Newberry was charged with Unlawful Telephone Communication. A warrant states that on July 18th he used profane, obscene, vulgar and/or indecent language in a telephone call for… Read More »